- The late YABhg Datin Paduka Endon Mahmood graced the occasion of the Merdeka Fund Raising Charity Gala Dinner to commemorate the Federal Hotel’s 46th Anniversary Celebrations on 28 August 2003.
- Favourite Dishes from Tunku’s Kitchen Cookbook was launched by the former Minister of Tourism, YB Datuk Dr Leo Michael Toyad on 29 September 2005.
- Hidangan Kegemaran dari Dapur Tunku (the Favourite Dishes from the Tunku’s Kitchen cookbook) was launched together with FHI Merdeka Charity Event by the former Deputy Director General of Tourism Malaysia, Datin Dalilah Ahmad on 24 August 2006.
- The Federal Hotel as at 2007 entered the grand golden era with a complete makeover to ensure total guest comfort while retaining the old world charm and traditions that has made the Federal Hotel so special. The Federal Hotel comprised 3 sections – the original 10-storey Merdeka Wing, the 21-storey Federal Tower, and the complex which housed the swimming pool, ballroom and banquet hall as well as the former Federal Bowling Alley.
- New York based Malaysian designer, Zang Toi designed limited-edition bags to commemorate The Federal Kuala Lumpur’s 50th Anniversary Celebrations, launched by the 13th Yang Di-Pertuan Agong of Malaysia, Tuanku Mizan Zainal Abidin and Raja Permaisuri Agong Tuanku Nur Zahirah at Bintang Revolving Restaurant (now known as Bintang Lounge & Restaurant) on 21 August 2007.
- To commemorate the 50th Anniversary Celebrations, Federal Hotels International (FHI) & The Federal Kuala Lumpur (The Hotel for Merdeka) together with Malaysia Airlines (as part of MAS Let’s Fly Malaysia Campaign) & LSG Sky Chefs Brahim, were proud to present the Merdeka Inflight Dining Experience with Favourite Dishes from the Tunku’s Kitchen on board Malaysia Airlines (on all classes) from 1 August until 30 September 2007 on selected routes to Europe, Australia and New Zealand regional & domestic (Sabah and Sarawak) routes.
- The 5th Prime Minister of Malaysia, Tun Abdullah Ahmad Badawi and Tun Jeanne Abdullah graced the 50th Anniversary Celebrations of The Federal Kuala Lumpur on 28 August 2007.
- Datuk Lee Chong Wei (Malaysia No. 1 badminton singles shutter) and Tan Boon Heong (former World No. 1 Malaysian badminton player in the men’s doubles) attended the Proton Malaysian Open Super Series 2007 Welcome Dinner on 16 January 2007.